Thursday

Look What The Cat Dragged In...


My my, look who's back! I’ve been AWOL from this blog for over a year now and in that time I’ve graduated (where I got to shake hands with Zandra Rhodes?), bought a new car, moved into my wonderfully central apartment, nearly gotten thrown out of my wonderfully central and apartment, (halloween parties and older residents just do not mix), travelled to 5 different cities, partied till 6am, and generally just had a random amount of fun, stress, chaos, and have experienced life at its best and worst. But most recently, I’ve started interning at Banana Republic’s Press Office as a fashion assistant. Since PR is a chaotic and busy job (and only sometimes glamorous despite what some people think), I experience and see a ton of different things happen during my working hours (and sometimes overtime unpaid hours). I feel compelled to start blogging again so I can put everything down via virtual diary and look back at this a few years from now and feel proud of my hard-working intern days. Albeit these are early intern days where I offer 8 hours of my time every weekday for no pay or lunch/travel reimbursements. Sigh. Hopefully in a few years I’ll be in such a fabulously paid job that I’ll find my interning days humorous and very much a thing of the past *prays to God here and double fingers crossed!* However, despite the hard work and long hours, I did get a Banana Republic silk evening gown from last season, as well as a skinny belt in the space of 2 weeks, as well as the promise of more samples to be sent my way.. Albeit the dress looks like shit on me but I'm hoping thbe pros of going to a fashion uni means that I can find one of my design friends to alter the dress into something different for me! Either way, I suppose interning has its benefits sometimes in the form of free clothes? Hmm I agree, it's debateable...

No comments:

Post a Comment