Thursday

Clothing Crisis!

Guys, I am going through a crisis.

I am addicted to shopping.

This summer, though unemployed, I have found myself continuously going into my overdraft, savings, and my parent's money to pacify my addiction. It is disgusting, I am ashamed, but I don't know how to stop! I JUST LOVE CLOTHES.

I still remember the very first pair of jeans I recieved as a present when I was 9 years old. They were from H&M and were denim, blue, and flared with embroidery detail and mirror embellishment on the hem. They were amazing and I lived in them for years and years - so much so that they practically became my second skin. 

In the years to come, my taste in clothing matured (thank God), and inevitably my wardrobe size increased over time too.

As far back as I remember, I have always loved clothes, magazines, and shopping. I love how shiny and sparkly clothes look on hangers (or online), I love the way they feel when they're on, I love the way they look, I love if people notice when I wear new things, and being a Lagos girl, I was raised to simply love dressing up!

However, what really annoys me most about my addiction is that I am one of those girls who cannot just shop and then wear what they buy straight away. Like most people (I think most people are like this anyway), I have to save the really nice stuff for special occasions.. But I also have a tendency to save even the average, basic things for days when I go out, or go to work, or go somewhere where people I know will see that I've made an effort! 

I don't want to be one of those girls that only wear 10% of their huge wardrobes 90% of the time so I have decided to set myself a challenge. 

I want to wear a brand new outfit picked from my wardrobe every single day!

I reckon this challenge will be a lot harder than it sounds, but I'm a woman on a mission!

Anyway, the reason I really started this long-winded post is to share the lovely, amazing, beautiful things I have unfortunately had access to buying in the previous week. Enjoy!


Image 1 of Love Dress In Lace and Floral Print 

Image 4 of ASOS Sundress In Star Print With Strap Back 
Image 1 of ASOS Sundress In Star Print With Strap Back 

Image 1 of Oasis Sicilian Night Sundress

Image 1 of A Wear Flamingo Print Dress 

Image 1 of ASOS PERSIA Platforms 

Image 1 of ASOS Off Shoulder Skater Dress In Rib. 

Image 1 of ASOS PILLOW Platforms




No comments:

Post a Comment