Sunday

Blazer's: Every Girl's Go-To Piece

Following my last couple of posts, you will all know by now that I am a bit of a blazer aficionado.

Blazers are a staple piece that carry on from season to season, trend-to-trend. They're smart, versatile, and can be styled with almost every thing. They're easy to wear and when an outfit feels a little drab, a blazer instantly makes it trendy.

Have I sold it to you yet?! No? Okay, read on..

Blazers add the same charisma and charm to an outfit that a nice accessory would, while keeping things glam. Also, it doesn't have to be corporate and stuffy, blazers can be fun and inject energy into your outfits. Still don't believe me? Read on my little lovers..

Now that the weather has dropped, I'm wearing my growing blazer collection with everything in my wardrobe to add some 'oomph' (as well as keep me warm of course).

For me, a blazer should be one of the following things: fitted, patterned, coloured, or have something statement-y and detailed about it to really emphasise your otherwise casual outfit. I like my blazers to make me appear more glamour girl rather than 'business boy'.

When I say I'm wearing them with everything, I am being 100% factual. I'm taking inspiration from the ultimate blazer queen, Lauren Conrad, by paring them with dresses, leather trousers, shorts, boyfriend jeans, breton tops, and skirts for the flirtiest look of them all. 


(All images above from weheartit.com)
 
Whilst Lauren keeps her look prim and proper, I like mine a little bit more va-va-voom. Here are my Conrad inspired pieces from the high-street:



1) Black is the most classic blazer of them all, but the white tuxedo lapels on this Missguided number gives it a fresh update and takes you ahead of the fash-pack instantly.

2) This Fashion Union bargain ticks all my blazer boxes. It's feminine, flirty and fun. Add it to any block-coloured outfit for an instant pick-me-up. Alternatively, clash prints by mixing with other patterned separates to follow a major SS13/AW13 trend.

3) Breton stripes are something that never, ever, go out of style so stay fashionable forevs and look Parisienne chic with this magic Mango beauty. 

4) This AW13, florals are big. But not any type of florals.. They need to be dark, gloomy and gothic. Turn heads with another one of Mango's finest and stay on trend all season too.

5) Another few AW13 trends are 'pretty in pink' and  'punk.' Plaid and pink are showing up everywhere now so this Boohoo bargain is perfect to nail two trends in one. Let's call it the pretty-rebel-look.

6) Again, black is always a classic when it comes to blazers but it's nice to break it down with injects of colour like this New Look version. Buy this and let your inner minimalistic chic out.


Happy Shopping! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment