Thursday

A Scent for Every Occasion

When I was little, my sister and I used to be mesmerized by my mum as we watched her get ready for parties. 

In Lagos, people seem to go to an average of 3+ parties a week, so this was a natural occurrence for us.

We would watch her apply her impeccable make up, blend her eye-shadow colours to conjure up the perfect smoky eye, dab on a perfect coat of lipstick with no smudges, straighten her hair so there wasn't one stray out of place, and lastly, she would finish off the final product by coating herself in her favourite perfume, which varies but at the moment is Baiser Vole Cartier, a present from my dad. Cartier says the name translates to an expression of love and means 'stolen kiss'.. I am deeply aware that my dad has really set the bench-mark high for romantic gestures.

Anyway, before my mum would leave for these parties, she would always give us a kiss on the cheek, leaving a lipstick print behind which we loved. While she did this, I would enviably inhale the amazing scent she would leave behind of her perfume.. A scent which lasted for hours even after she'd left.

So naturally, perfume has epitomized the word 'glamorous' for me from a young age. My mum taught me that a look was never complete without a few sprays of something sweet, and so with that in mind, my post today is on my most favourite perfumes of all time.



I've had years and years to collate a list of my favourites and have become quite the perfume enthusiast.. But that list has gone on to reach triple digits over time. 

However, these are my top 9 that are perfect for any occasion, any season, day or night.

If I was going to give you a description of why I love each of these perfumes, this post would go on forever. But here is the general gist: They're all sweet but not overpoweringly so, they smell gorgeous but not intoxicating, they last for hours, and most of all, they all make you smell like a goddess.

These are the perfumes I get asked about the most when I wear them because people can smell them from miles away.. So take my word for it, test time, purchase them, love them, and thank me later! 

If you're still unsure, read the descriptions on the Escentual website linked to each perfume below as they are a true and accurate reflection of each of the scents. Plus the copywriters have made them sound really, really, really fabulous, (which they all are of course!) xoxo

Shop now: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

No comments:

Post a Comment