Saturday

Once You Shellac, You Can't Go Back...

As a third-week-of-interning-and-still-being-alive treat, I spent a fortune (£40) on getting my first ever shellac treatment on my nails. Normally I opt for the usual £15 manicure and tend to always end up with a bright colour, (you know what they say about having a good day if you wear bright colours.. actually, I probably just made that up). Either way, I seem to always have to re-apply my nail colour because it’s chipped by the 3rd day. Moreover, my nails are chipping even more now that interning normally requires doing some of the dirty jobs like carrying heavy boxes and rummaging through racks and racks of clothes to find a jewel of a sample. Not to mention the times in which 100 boxes filled with clothes avalanche and pile up on you while you’re attending to a call in for a magazine. I’m just saying. Anyway, so I thought shellac would be a good (cost-efficient) way to have cute nails despite the hard manual work in PR (oh the glamour never stops). The manicure took a total of an hour in which I had my nails filed, shaped, buffed, cuticles cleaned and then the actual polish (a cute pink called ‘gotcha’) left on to dry under a lamp every 2 minutes. The drying time was astonishingly quick and so far it all seems so good, no smudges or chipping to be noted. It’s supposed to last 2 weeks and as the next 2 weeks at Banana Republic’s press office are meant to be the busiest with the Paris press day coming up, I’m sure my nails will be tested to the limit and I’ll see real results of how the shellac holds up in tough times. I will report back then. But for now.. It’s got me hooked. And with all these colours to choose from, a girl's got a tough decision to make!
            




image 

No comments:

Post a Comment